PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCOTAIRWAYS NOT SOUNDING GOOD!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 10:56
justanotherstat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are advertising for DE Captains and there is a fairly constant rate of type rating courses for new F/O's (every 12 weeks maybe less). Send CV to chief pilot and if your lucky yours will be top of the pile when he picks the next four candidates. It does help if you know a present employee who could recommend you.

DE Captains harder to come by, seems payscale is average to say the least compared with others.

Returning to the original question, as a result of the upturn in the industry there are a lot of pilots leaving, mainly for better paypackets flying jets, which is understandable, F/O's are at suckling in their first job and always looking to move on to bigger and better.

The Captains have been there (generally) since pre sept 11th and haven't been able to move until the last 12 months or so. All this seems to me natural progression and not as has been stated "the beginning of the end".

It is true that as pre-mentioned the payscales are poor and therefore DE Captains are hard to come by, and now the promotable F/O's have either left, are leaving, or do not have enough Total time.

This company has had and continues to have six figure sums pumped into it by it's shareholders, who refuse to be beaten by BACON on it's Edinburgh routes. I would say the lights will not be turned out just yet, and for new pilots the D328 is the best a/c to learn the trade on and will undoubtably be a great basis for a future Airbus pilot.

Last edited by justanotherstat; 29th Mar 2006 at 11:15.