PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 09:24
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO,

To which housing situiation are you referring? As I hear things, some pilots have taken exception to being told that they're not moving to a new Intels camp near Amadi Creek. The main reason they're upset is because the management told them that the majority of the pilots they consulted (in the bar one night, it seems!) said they preferred Areta because the new houses were in a poor location and would be like living in a hotel. The real reason, of course, is that the new Intels camp rooms would cost too much money (not as much as for the rooms at the other Intels camp where said management live, of course ). Having said that I'm told that CHC plan to build a brand new staff house on Areta, complete with restaurant, bar, gymnasium and swimming pool and all the current houses will be brought up to an acceptable standard. Which year this will actually happen, knowing how things are in Nigeria, remains to be seen. It seems there is still some heated discussion going on about internet in rooms. It seems that they are really trying to improve matters, but at an affordable cost and although Areta is not the greatest place in Port Harcourt, it's not as bad as some would try to make it out to be. What's happening with the new Bristow housing? I guess the area it's in can't be improved, but are the new houses in Woji now in good working order? I hear that they have a gymnasium and swimming pool there already?