PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - line up after/behind etc.
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 08:59
yonash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it mostly depends on procedures.
A masterpiece, in my opinion, was at Gatwick once. I've joined a crew for cockpit flight, which we're allowed to, and was listening to the twr and organisation. Instead of nervous, as it would probably be in WAW, athmosphere, it seemed to be relaxing, fully according scenario, job, which i really enjoyed.
On, AFAIR, 8nm spacing there were 2 departures, the line-up process was almost immediate, after the landing actf passed the holding point. That's something nice.
Most of the cases with line-up behind, in my opinion, come from the pilots' confusion. The traffic info given together with complete silence on twr frequency shows, how good coordination was between GND and TWR (different holding points and frequency monitoring instead of immediate contact). For atc from such an expanding airport, as Warsaw is, when traffic grows rapidly over months, and all the changes are implemented continuously, this kind of order is enjoyable.
Would like to go to Gatwick twr once and see it from behind the scene
So, back to the subject. I don't want to loose opportunity to issue "behind", as it really helps. I'd rather try to keep up proper level of pilot's response and understanding of the situation.