PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new NATS logo - Wanna laugh ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 08:26
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New "logo", corporate "branding"....

ahem, all complete b*llocks of course.

As most will remember Big Airlines tried a similar "rebranding exercise" with all those terrible tailfins etc etc. Funnily enough the most fervent free market advocate at the time (Maggie T) thought it was complete b*llocks as well. Draped her hankie over a model of one of the BA airliners as I recall and uttered a few choice words.

The Travelling Public (CUSTOMERS) thought the same. At a huge cost BA was forced to "rebrand" yet again, returning to a recognisable verion of the union flag.

So, here in the 21st century what is NATS Plc up to? A completely rubbish logo having absolutely no relevance. Repeating the same costly mistakes made by management in other industries.

It appears that these "management" types don't seem to learn by their errors, indeed they appear to insist on repeating them, using the same crappy justifications. And they get away with it time and time again. Nobody fails them, or sends them for retraining. Why not?

I find it curious that a company that continually states that it's "staff are it's greatest asset", never seems to listen to them, but is content to listen and act on the latest management claptrap, much of which is recycled and much of which doesn't work for ATC.

Office Empires have been built and woe betide any operational staff who would point out "the emporer has no clothes".

Best rgds
BEX

P.S. There was an alternative logo available. The old CAA / NATS one, which had a neat little Arrow tacked on the end of the letters. Cost? Probably very little.