PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MICROSOFT HOME-USE PROGRAMME
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 06:13
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This scheme also gives access to some MS hardware, entertainment software and some home comuputing software. I am not sure that any of these products are cheaper than on th eopen market.

It is only the Office Suite that is the real bargain.

Now you could argue that 'giving out' software for a nominal sum could be construed as a 'b.......'

"Now Caruthers, we've been using this software for 10 years now and it still doesn't do what good old WordPerfect 5.1 does. Think its time we gave the underdogs a go and ran a competition between Word, WordPerfect and Open Office. Run along, there's a good chap and organise a competitive tender."

~~~~~~~~

"Well Caruthers, what was the result?"

"Well Sir, WordPerfect still has that curious Reveal Codes section and can also read Adobe Acrobat files. Staff would be able to edit and amend the JSPs. Wouldn't want that; bad for QA.

Open Office is pretty good Sir, looks just like Word. But Sir is it very cheap. Not good value for money Sir, could not guarantee through life support. Probably be changed every couple of years."

"Ah, guess that leaves Microsoft Office then. Any other reasons why we should use Office?"

"Well Sir, Bill has promised Tony that . . . "