PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jazeera Airways
Thread: Jazeera Airways
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 04:46
SurvivedJZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil WARNING FOR JAZEERA-AIRWAYS - total lies on F/Os from GulfAir and others

I survived to escape from Kuwait but I can only warn all other First Officers who plan to join them or want even to go for interview. They are GREAT CONSCIOUS LIARs !!

I was in the office of the VPO when somebody called and he explained, that Jazeera is looking for at least 10 F/Os to be upgraded after a short time.

Please, don’t do the same mistake as I or we did! You will stuck there!!

It is a total lie, that they need anybody to be upgraded. F/Os who are there since the beginning are stuck. Jazeera is not fulfilling any promise and you have bad or better said none facilities except to work there.

You pay for uniform, you pay for parking - about 40US$ monthly - you pay for adequate housing at least 1.750 US$, there is no extra-payment for flight-time, just for a sector you will earn 23US$ that is all.

If they say they will increase the salary - you should not believe. Number one the senior vice president said that he will not allow any increasing since Air Arabia had some increases after three years, and number two this is very focusing: they have totally wrong numbers of the present paid salary in the Gulf-area. I was applying with a lot of other companies in the area and when I compared my very actual figures to the list they have, nothing is correct. They say the list is from the pilot-union of Kuwait (which consist of Kuwait Airways Pilots only). It might be right, but the list is total wrong. And of course to make it easier for Kuwait Airways Pilots they put their direct competitor on a higher value than themselves. The number of vacation-days is also wrong, many airlines changed to have 45 days instead of 42 and so on.

And Jazeera does not pay any education allowance and is not willing to pay in future. I had a lot of talking to the new COO, who is a German, with non-family. His opinion is, that family is a personal matter and all of the pilots should earn the same. Therefore he will not pay any education allowance. And he was also informed that there is only one pilot in the company with children at a higher age. Totally wrong and everybody keeps lying. There are many expats with children and one of the expat-F/Os he earns less money than he spends in Kuwait for his family!

You pay for immigration totally yourself. If you have a family this will be horrible expensive, only for the third child for a 2 year VISA it is 2000US$ and Jazeera is paying NOTHING NIL NONE.

Each of their promises are not fulfilled and since a month the new management is ignoring them at all, saying this was done by persons who are not in the company any more. They terminated the COO and VPO in December. Now, anything they promise you (and they do a lot) will not be fulfilled including any upgrade. Why should they ??? If so they just terminate their people and that's it. This is the experience of the past and not a single matter has been done to change this behavior.

And even more, as Commander you are not allowed to upgrade any pax from economy to their called Jazeera+ class (where you can eat without paying). If you are scheduled for SIM in DXB you go in economy-class. Also the COO does not want the pilots and cabin crew to have an advantage of their life on board. Although promised at the beginning to jump on any plane in uniform and get a free ride, now you have to pay for it. The COO said this would be unfair to the Ground-Crew. But they simply like to take money from the employees.

This is low cost - but not only for pay - it is low cost for Cockpit-Crew! The COO also told us, you have to work for the company in average 8-10h daily. He compares the job to a job on ground.

Also you are not entitled to have any leave in the first year of service. They also denied people to leave the country for having their divorce in their home-country. It is very sad how they behave to employees.

Furthermore they don't pay salaries. I was sick for a while and they did not pay me as well they did not pay totally another European pilot!
And even worse although written in the contract - you are not health insured by Jazeera Airways. I had myself two doctors visits, I asked for a reimbursement, nothing is paid and the answer from the secretary of VPO was we don not have this. The answer of the financial manager was we do not pay anything concerning this.

Make your own picture but do not believe anything what they are saying. I know that some Captain who just joined from Kuwait Airways are trying to make some F/Os from Gulf Air coming. These Captains are new with Jazeera, they started also wondering about many things themselves and starting to complain regarding the salary and so on. And they say it cannot continue like this. But the management is ignoring them as they ignored anything but pressing money out of crews. It is low cost!

I think it is very unfair to bring people into this company not giving them the complete picture.

Why should anybody leave his old job to join them??? Remember also this: At the beginning we had been 20 pilots, 10 Cpt + 10 FOs. All of us left the old company. But after the start-up, after all checks, we had only been 9!! 3 Capt + 7 FOs. And now, F/O side, we are only 4!!! 10 pilots from the beginning left their jobs and were kicked out by Jazeera. Why do you think if planning to go there, that you are better than these 10?? Why do you want to risk your job now for such an adventure? I don't understand that F/O with 6.000h total time and being Cpt before want to join Jazeera?! You are not better than those who were there and who are there. And none of them is going to be upgraded - NONE and NOBODY. They are all stuck!!

Sorry for these clear words - but do not make the same mistake as all of us did. Meanwhile 3 F/Os left Jazeera recently, including me. And I tell you, I made a surprising-action since Jazeera put a travel-ban of a lot of their ground-stuff who left or planned to leave. They make your live bad and keep you in the country!

You realize that I am talking very bad of them, but this is the truth. If you do not like what I am writing, ignore it. But since I heard this lie and got a proof that they continue lying on everybody (Egyptians, people from Gulf Air, also From Kuwait Airways, and so on) I have just to offer you what I know.

Any more questions? Post it, I will answer...

Last edited by SurvivedJZR; 29th Mar 2006 at 04:49. Reason: highlighted words were not displayed