PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverback Cargo Freighters
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 23:08
Maurice Chavez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAL,

Don't get all pi$$ed off now. Silverback isn't that clean or great as you might think or hope to believe so. Yes, they are trying, trying hard, I'll give them that, but that's about it. Yes the Belgian CAA is insane and yes they don't know what they're alking about. But Silverback isn't an angel....

Again, the maintenance in BRU was done by a certain Swedish AMO, not Lufthansa Technics, the airplane was just parked there. The said AMO did not want to sign out, or sign off the airplane because of the work that had been done by Silverbacks own "brilliant" mechanics.

The same lead "mechanic" of Silverback nearly killed an entire crew on a DC-8 from Abidjan to Paris, when he was flying as a Flight Engineer. He failed to tell the truth, of how much fuel the airplane had remaining, they landed in Paris with 1500KGS, in bad weather and not even enough for a go around. When he was questioned about it he denied it; however his fuel uplift worked out to be more then 1.165 to the litre. Amazing calculation....Needles to to say he was fired....

The same lead "mechanic" / F/E did an engine idle runup in BRU on Silverbacks DC-8, managing to flame out #1&4 engine, not knowing what caused it, thinking it was a problem with the airplane, while main tanks 1&4 were emptied and no transfer had been made from 1&4 alt....The same Brillian "mechanics" changed a mainwheel on the airplane at Luftahnsa Technics, not as per MM, IE, they never torqued it. When the airplane was towed from Lufthanse Technics to another ramp, the Swedish lot found the main tire to be looking a bit funny. When our brilliant "mechanics" were questioned about it, the reply was " aha yes, but you never asked us".

I could go on and on about this guy, Mr Bertram D, but I'll save my keyboard.

The DC-8 of Silverback was never bought for 10$, but leased from Farhad Azima...Maybe by now they own it, but not a year back they didn't.

Everybody in Africa is trying and trying hard, but don't make it sound as if your buddies are flawless and just pour victims of a Belgian Agenda. Most of us have flown guns and ammo around, I will not judge them for that, but Air Safety, man these guys are a joke.

Also your statement to Stratocaster;

"You clearly have some very strong opinions about Silverback. While we are, as you put it “joking around”, let’s guess - you flew for them and they perhaps didn’t pay your last salary, or you yourself flew for their opposition or for rebels in the affected areas and merely dislike them as a result".

Very dumb, you finally admit what Silverback is all about. Yes, not paying peoples salary and what they do... Check with their ex chief pilot Christian V, how much do they own him?

Your second quote to Stratocastor:

"If you read in the earlier, this is exactly the kind of White Lies and White-Mischief that I alluded to in an earlier post, that ends up in regrettable situations and Blacklists".

Ah, so Silverback is just getting screwed by the whiteman, without any reason? A bit far fetched and a bit to close to racism, as far as I'm concerned.

Tell your buddies to get their sh*t together and maybe we don't have to read all this negative publicity of Silverback anymore...

Enough said!