PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Maitland NSW
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 23:06
GROSSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMOUFW....
No need to get too emotional - let's stay with the facts. This CP/ATO may be a very nice guy and very experienced - we are all nice guys aren't we????
r44tropic......
New paint and leather do not make a new machine.
How many CPLH flight tests are conducted in an AS350??
I am sure we would all like to believe that if someone can afford to buy an AS350 they could afford to get tested by an experienced and current AS350 testing officer to minimise any risk of damage or injury. Maitland is not the center of aviation in this country.
NMSA.......
Where from and what these helicopters have done in the past is irrelevant. They are on the Civvie Aussie Register approved for Charter et all with new logbooks, MR, paint, leather...... (since when has leather seats saved anybody in an accident?) BTW - don't rely on the ATSB to give all the facts towards what causes accidents.
MD is correct - as you will find out eventually that the TCF CP was tested by this CP/ATO. But let's leave that one for now shall we??!!??
nigelh......
Spot on buddy - all the way from the UK. The Accident and Investigation websites worldwide have numerous examples of rapped up, rolled over AS350s. Besides - I will double check the flight manual but I am sure it states clearly - "Do not hover or taxi without hydraulic pressure....."
McGowan......
I have been told that the regulations will change regarding CASA recognising overseas training courses towards HFR/CIR renewals. About time! You're lucky to have done a Bell course - second to none in my opinion. The helicopter industry aren't the only ones in dire staraits here - what do Global Express pilots do?????