PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AR REDRESS - ADVICE
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 21:35
UnderPowered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say redress/address

Thing is, if the comments are cr@p, then as far as PMA is concerned it'll take another 2 years to clear it from your record anyway. 2 years is the difference between going places and going nowhere in particular. Moreover, the RAF is supposed to thrive on being fair. It says that it'll stamp on unfairness. If you have proof of unfairness, then it has to be addressed. Its an ethos issue. What we can't also have happen, is for unfair senior people to prevail through intimidation. If you have proof of unfair treatment, you ought to be supported by the system. It might not make things better (because of human nature) but it shouldn't make things worse. I'd not threaten it, because that'll give people a chance to back pedal. I'd go straight to 2 ranks above your desky, or if its really bad, somewhere near the top of the PMA system. Sir Jock won't even get to see it. It'll get filtered at his outer office. AMP might. Gp Capts generally open their own mail (I think - I'll never be able to prove it from personal experience!).

Good luck mate.