PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new NATS logo - Wanna laugh ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 20:34
rolaaand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=DC10RealMan]I wondered if NATS hasnt lost the plot!. Our aim is to stop "aeroplanes bumping into one another". Thats all.

That's right,"our" aim is to stop the planes hitting each other. Me and you and the rest of the ATCO's. Unfortunately the humble ATCO has been almost forgotten under the current executive teams deluge of corporate buzzword bullsh!t campaign.It's all money,money, money now and despite the fact that we earn the company it's profit by shifting the traffic, we are the highest cost to the company and therefore a terrible hindrance to it.
However despite being a humble ATCO, even I can see that balloting us on one hand to scrap HTD to save £1.5m over the next couple of years, then robbing Peter to pay Paul and splashing out almost the same amount on a re-branding makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Especially when said company logo will make anyone who looks at it think that their coffee has been spiked with some recreational pharmaceuticals,and when they get over the initial shock, they will laugh, just like we all did this morning.
Penny pinching where it really matters and spunking fortunes on trying to promote the company image will become quite a feature of Mr Barron's reign at the top I think. The sooner this muppet gets his P45 and obligatory huge golden handshake the better. Rant over,and relax.