PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 28th Mar 2006, 19:58
APU INOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview Skills...

Best of luck with that interview. Yea, in most places you can't just walk into an HR office, slam down a resume and declare that you want "big jet time". You have to interview, based on your expierence, skill in the SIM, and PERSONALITY! I don't know how you are in person, but if you come in to any avation company with the attitude that you have given in this thread, I can gaurentee you that your interviewers will chucke, look the other way, and then give you the ole' don't call us... we'll call you speech. Everyone desirves a big jet job. The harsh reality for you will be that you have to work for it. I had to flight instruct for 3 years before getting a regional CRJ job. I still have a long way to go. Put in your time in, fly the line, be patient, and learn something about the industry. Don't just go spouting off using your Uncle as your only refrence, it just comes off as ignorant. Oh yea and one more thing... don't EVER bring up your Uncle in an interview (unlesss it's for an Air Lingus job) they won't care.

A WELL TRAINED F/O SAYS THREE THINGS: Clear Right, You're Right, and I'll take the fat one.