PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety, incidents, etc
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 16:52
ABird747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HZ123
As a ground trainer that resides at LHR but travels around the patch I do have one observetion to make that effects all CC. Here at BA it is forbidden to have any Cabin doors open without the jetty or steps being in place. I observe time and again the situation with doors open with nothing in place only the tape. This will not stop you falling out and seriously injuring yourself and has been fatal. If this practice exists in your airline stop doing it and get your procedures changed.
This 'no doors open' policy is one of my real bug bears... The number of times we've been sweating in the cabin as the APU's broken *again* and we can't open the doors because of the 'wrap you in cotton wool' hysteria that pervades the airline at times.

It just begs the question, how did we survive before? If you're really that stupid to fall out of a door, maybe you're too dumb to be let out of the house alone... Some of the things I see my colleagues doing leave me speechless, all people need to do is stop and THINK and half the stupid accidents won't happen.