PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 14:26
BIGBATMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

The thing is that the guards, which wait upto 5 hours before having a break.
The Supervisor which are stuck in the middle between upset passengers / airlines / guards / managers have to try and find the mid point to try and keep everyone happy with the resourse.
The Front line managers all say that theres not enough staff to run the process properly,

Its the upper managers with the budgets that is causing all this the front line staff are just doing it how they think is best for everyone.

The thing about the pilot with a id that doesnt swipe. is lucky he got in that quick. It isnt stand process to allow them in on a manifest.

What would happen if a person turn up with and id that does swipe a fake liance anda dodgy uniform would you let him in?? then everyone would moan about how he shouldnt have been allowed in.

I totally agree with the fact its not acceptable that you have to wait long periods of time but i do think that the frontline staff are doing it the best way. with what they have which is not enough staff. to many empty machines, late breaks. Yes the staff do need a break they are cant go on forever.

So if think having a pop on the low part of the tree level is just making it it worst.

Anyway i wont write anymore.

Cheers