PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 28th Mar 2006, 13:47
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before you criticise me and the advice I give to older wannabes, you need to go back and read through the several hundred posts I have made on the subject. I very much doubt you have done that.

I have no idea what experience your uncle has with respect to the business of people getting jobs in this industry, but I have a great deal. I can categorically assure you that there is no magic about doing an integrated course. In fact, the most successful course available in terms of graduate employment is the CTC Wings course, which is modular. Some airlines certainly do express a preference for integrated graduates, but those same airlines (including BA) regularly employ modular graduates. Even the GAPAN survey you quote shows only one out of the seven airlines surveyed that professes to prefer integrated graduates - and that was at a time when they could be much more choosy than they can now.

Cheevere, you most certainly are being arrogant. Do a bit less opinionating and a bit more listening and reading before you make any training choices.

Scroggs