PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 28th Mar 2006, 13:15
cheevere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to aerdna and ld max

i wasnt being arrogant is just my uncle is a senior pilot with aer lingus so id imagine he has a reasonable good and reliable opinion more so than most on here and the sentiments being relayed to me from him is to go integrated with one of the good schools basically if i have any aspirations of getting a job with one of the major carriers. anyone who wants to do training in their forties id seriously recommend doing some research and dont go about spending circa 100k euro because people like scroggs say that you might get a job. the fact of the matter is that every single airline prefers younger people why wouldnt they, yes some airlines will take on someone in their forties but they are few and far between. scroggs isnt spending the money for you, so i think its irresponsible by him giving people that age who havent started training false hope or illusions that they will easily find a job because he knew a couple of people who got lucky and got them. Because if he's being honest he'd say they were very lucky. yes the survery is a small sample but a fair representation of whats going on today in the industry today according to my uncle.