PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff ATC
Thread: Cardiff ATC
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 10:39
Chilli Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turn It Off
As Gonzo quotes from the Mats part 1, thats the route which has been followed. I am sure training schools and trainees alike do not agree with it, but, its the rules!!
Yes it is - BUT - what Gonzo doesn't appreciate is that these flights actually Flight Plan as normal flights. What they do at destination is incidental. It could be therefore argued that they have no reason to phone Cardiff for a slot as they have flight planned, as anybody else does, in the normal manner.
Dare I suggest that if you delve into the background it could even be possible that Cardiff are trying to operate in direct contravention of the charter that NATS must operate within, as laid down by the government? (I don't know for definite - just saying it's possible).
maybe the aircraft who wish to train at Filton can route outside of controlled airspace, and fly airways on the return flight instead? (subject to slot of course ).
See answer above
Anybody free calling wishing to join without a slot (certainly when I am plugged in) will be turned away.
Fair enough, nobody's disagreeing with that - but as has been mentioned before, they don't - they Flight Plan.
This measure has been put in for the safety of the airways users (thats all the people that contribute here whether they be crew, pax, or anything else)
Isn't that what Flow Control are there for? If you feel the sector is subject to overloads then do it properly and either a) resectorise with sufficient resources; or b) submit a maximum flow rate to Flow Control for the lower levels.