PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 09:32
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entrenched older unionised workers attempting to maintain above-market rate compensation at the expense of the younger workers.

I refer to the RMT and London Underground of course, but then it is not that much different from your situation - is it...?

I do of course agree that a promise is a promise, however I don't think many of you realise (a) how good you have it, even in NAPS and, (b) how much you are screwing over everyone of my generation.

Oh well, at least my portable DC plan has (a) no link to years of service in any one company, and (b) will rocket with the stock market AND be able to pay out...

Remember, regarding today's local public sector strike, that it is your council tax that will rise to pay for them if they win. Your taxes will rise to pay for the national workers settlement last year, in the future.

You have no choice over paying taxes, but passengers and cargo can and do move to other operators, so once BA's protected position at Heathrow is finally eroded, with whom do you think they will fly when your overfunded pensions still have to be met by the company?

Do you want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg...