PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2006, 02:59
ljp-oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoke to faaa

Having read and re read this post (because thats the talk at work) i couldn't help but get mesmorised by the goings on on this site. I accept (like most of you i think) that everyone has a different opinion on the eba or the company for that matter and some of the information on here seems to be relatively on track. What i wanted to know was were do we actually go from here. Some say strike, others say fill in survey forms hold meetings but it seems most don't know what to do. I thought i'd do what seatback said and i phoned the faaa. I spoke to the industrial relations negotiator and asked her a few questions. The answers i got were:

q. What do we do next ?
a. fill in the survey and make sure you talk to crew and encourage the same from them the faaa needs to hear from all f/a's even the non members.

q. Then what will happen ?
a. we will collate them and at least know what the issues are that gave the no vote

q. What will you do then ?
a. Meet with the company (if they agree they haven't said anything so far) and try to negotiate again

q. Did you know that people are saying your following in JG's footsteps and taking a job with JQ ?
a. Had been told it was on a website.

q. Are you taking a job with JQ ?
a. No. Not sure why the woman who put it on the site would make it up but did understand it is probably the most harmful thing to say because it can lead to uncertainty and distrust in her which can only be harmful to the people she represents ie flight attendants.

q. Why the scaremongering at the road shows ?
a. Didn't do that and doesn't really believe that most f/a's think that. Explained what she could about the new ir changes. She said if that scared some people then thats unfortunate but there is nothing friendly to the worker in these changes.

q. so you agree we can't be forced onto a contract ?
a. depends on what you determine 'forced' to mean. your current agreement stays until replaced by another agreement but if all you get offered is a contract what will you do ? we will fight hard against any moves to put you on contracts but in the end it will be up to the crew to stand together. we believe that while JQ crew are divided at the moment contracts should get them to stand together, god help them if it doesn't.

q. Can we be sacked for 'operational' reasons ?
a. The latest info does suggest that even employers with over 100 staff can be exempt from unfair sacking claims if the sack is for operational reasons not sure how far this can be taken. any and all decisions made by the bosses under new ir changes will no doubt be tried and tested before final outcome, will need to wait and see.

I have to say i spoke with her for about 20 minutes and she was happy enough that i had called and to answer my questions.

For my first post and first public opinion i say this after my 20 min call: to date i can't see (please correct me if i've missed something) where they have told us the wrong thing, they were about a week late on the ir changes but thats about it. they want to negotiate again for us and they have sent out survey's again to hear from all JQ crew to find out what we want, so far so good i say. they seem to be showing leadership and i got 'the rumour' denied (and lets face it only time will tell) i'm happy enough to trust them let them do their thing. just my opinion

Last edited by ljp-oz; 28th Mar 2006 at 03:14.