PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 21:17
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

At the risk of being told (Again) that I am a naysayer, NOTHING has changed. The airport is still in the same wrong place at the end of the road, and the new operators have only attracted a once per week service to two destinations, during the Summer season. The future for MSE lies in developing the Cargo (And Maintenance) business, (Some success there then) but it geographically is in quite the wrong place to do any significant Pax work other than the local Summer catchment business. Some of you beleive that wishing it were otherwise need, ahem, their bumps felt. If any of you care to put significant money on it, I would be happy to take your cash. When Infratil took over, I was impressed by their grasp of the size and scope of the business. I still think that. Unless they thought up the Manston - Rhode Island wheeze.
There seems to be some out there who think that passing Stanstead, Luton, Heathrow and Gatwick to fight their way to Manston will work. The catchment area East of Maidstone and all of Thanet does not make a market of any size other than the Palma on a Saturday that used to be.