PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa Employment Opportunities Conf 2005
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 16:15
mightymouse111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Balpa Conference was a waste of money for low hours pilots. But then again Balpa were only reflecting the market, not the 70% of attendees (the hands up poll revealed 70% were <500hrs).
I also believe that the conference should be free for unemployed pilots (after all it is a union and should look after its members). It should also do more for the low-hours guys, don't forget that these will be the pilots of the future paying higher membership fees! I do know that Balpa has a real problem regarding how much time & energy it can offer someone paying £2 per month. Its not great! MP is a waste of space but its just about all we have so unfortunately lets continue to aim constructive criticism at them and maybe they will improve.

And as the the bloke who started this thread, pay your £2 and if you are not entitled to join balpa you are not entitled to there documents unless you pay me a large sum of money then i will send you a copy! For the record I joined balpa while under going my training so I do not see why you cannot do the same!

Wingbar...with you...chin up.....remember D-ream "Things can only get better"!