PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class B Airspace(usa)
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 13:15
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott...thanks for the reply and informative......first ,I do not ignore ATC,or FAA manadated or assigned speeds....the sytem only works if we comply with all requests and follow the rules.....KORD is a perfect example if you dont play the game......
I understand it is below class B airspace,and probably didnt word that well.The problem occurs of being in Class B and then transitioning below and then back into.....
The rules pertaining to the opreation of the aircraft,that if the speed for operating is above the 200kts ,because of config,t/o speeds....just about always applys to KSJO....Usually 215-225....for climb profile speed......

as for the "seeing" of other aircraft....there are so many airports which have a high density traffic flow ,that dont have a class B restricton ,yet we maintain high speeds...(250kts and below)when transitioning.

My other point is this..Canada for instance.....When departing CYVR....When above 3000,and cleared to an altitude above 10,000 ,you can exceed the 250 kts rule ...works well for them......problems occur when getting close to US airspace now you really have to watch your speed....

I dont make the the rules I just follow them....Class B airspace,airspeed rules seem to be problematic and at times confusing....I always have the chart(jepp) out for reference but these themselves are somtimes confusing to read

thanks for the input...PB