PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 27th Mar 2006, 12:20
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Chappie, thank you for being so brave, you have a lot of support out there. It has been said earlier that we would like to see the relatives receive compensation, I sincerely hope this will happen. If I can help in any way I would be delighted to do so.

With regard to the answers provided by both Dr Reid and Ingram concerning the cancellation of the J DAS program and the refusal to list the actual defensive aids on the J/K on the grounds that it may affect the security of service personnel, I offer the following. Do not place Hercules crews in harms way if they do not have adequate protection. Adopt a common standard of protection for the Hercules fleet. Ensure passengers are provided with protection. Instead the Government has admitted that it cancelled J upgrade on grounds of cost and it is afraid once again to admit to the inadequate protection of Hercules crews and their passengers. The only glimmer of hope is the fact that the Government is taking so long to answer the PQs that kicked this thread off. I believe we may have affected a change of course for the better.

Last edited by nigegilb; 27th Mar 2006 at 14:57.