PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 27th Mar 2006, 11:42
clarityinthemurk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

So it's true.......it's really about cheque-book employment! Or, the classic something for nothing. Fork out for your PPL/Hour-building/CPL/ME/IR/MCC/JET SIM/Type Rating, and we might consider whether you have a suitable personality for the job!

This is an interesting review, but would you expect employers to take any different view? Ask any employers in any industry what they want from new hires and you'll likely get – 20-30 years of age, educated, skills qualified, team player, leadership potential. It's a bit like asking which I would prefer for FREE – a new Skoda or a new BMW 5 Series – no contest! In others words, surveys such as this across many sectors will always provide results most favourable to the group being interviewed.

One thing that might be worth further elaboration is the supposed “personality” types desired. Which I might suggest will usually reflect the predominant types already in situ in the organisation. Let me throw one out.......passive, subserviant, sycophantile, performing, smiley, happy. But I'm not biased, am I?