PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR.......WHY SO FAST!! (Seemingly)
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 09:16
clearfinalsno1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair taxying speed

This has all been discussed before but I just had my first Ryanair experience this weekend, Newcastle to Oslo and back.

I think they squeeze a couple more rows of seats in than Easyjet do. Also the seats don't recline.

I was amazed at how fast the taxying was at Oslo - just like being on coach going down a bumpy road. So much for walking speed - more like sprinting speed. Obviously on a mile or two of taxying it might save a minute or two if you go faster - but it does contribute to the feeling of being treated like cattle in a truck (which we are of course). 2 miles @ 20mph = 6mins, 2 miles@40mph = 3 mins. I'm not sure its worth it.

Also I was impressed/amazed/shocked at how quick the turn around was at both Newcastle and Oslo - from arrival on stand to push back starting I timed at about 21 mins (pax off, luggage off, fuel on, luggage on, pax on etc). In fact we actually left the ground 5 mins early at Oslo. Net effect was we arrived at Newcastle about 33 mins ahead of schedule!

Pax numbers were very low on both legs with only about 50 pax on board (737-800 seats around 198), so go to Norway cheaply while you still can - cost me just £27 inc taxes.