PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757 Center Tank A.D.
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2006, 07:17
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your reply...I was aware.....I am interested in finding out if todays 767 pilots were unhappy (as I was on the 767) on every day sheduled commercial computer fuel diversion planning being based on useing a QRH low fuel state drill with all its warnings and the required use of centre tank pumps to get at 400 kgs when this is not considered a safe practice in everyday operations.
I question if 2400ks of extra fuel should always be loaded over the normal CFPF and wonder what the subsequent court of enquiry would opinion as regards the pilots liability in loading safe fuel loads.
Up against a hostile lawyer who qoutes the QRH to him..... I think a pilot if still alive would have a very difficult time defending being 2400kgs below legal useable fuel.
My concern is that the 767 flight planning computer is not programmed to take this into account and also there may be other aircraft out there operating on what I consider possibly similar incorrect fuel loads.
I would just like to reassured the computer and the flight planning boys/girls have got it all legal and right.