PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa Or The IPA which is better?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 22:51
speedbird800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've spent the last week. speaking to people in the industry and talking to members in both camps. I've decided to opt for the IPA/IPF. Although I've taken onboard what the members of Balpa have said in here, when speaking members of Balpa who were not activists just members of balpa, they have told me that if the IPA/IPF had recognition in their particular airline they would rather be members of the IPA/IPF.

I've also been on the IPA/IPF website and it seems that a lot of the things Balpa members have said on this thread have been incorrect about the IPA/IPF.

When I phone the IPA/IPF and requested information to be sent to me in the post, it turned up the next day. When I phoned Balpa and asked for information to be sent to me I had to wait 2 weeks and nothing turned up 4 telephone calls later, and I'm still waiting!

After the IPA/IPF had sent the information through to me they followed it up with a telephone call and answered all the questions that I had.

I'm sure Balpa offer a great service, but the IPA/IPF proved to me that I wasn't just a revenue stream!

Thanks for all your advice.