PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 21:16
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Chrisbl .... No problem with you last paragraph at all, and it's nice to see a well thought out erudite response in such an emotive subject matter.

I see from your profile thet you are getting toowards the age when the Meni in Black will intercept you on your walk to YOUR office and hand you the envelope telling you what the Pensions Gods have for you. Just think of that moment. Think of your pension plans. Think of your family. Throw away the property abroad magazines and then sit down and let despair take over. 10 more years for you Buddy. Just when the Grandchild was tugging at your knee to take her to the seaside. Think on it and weep.
After you have done all that, let me know, and I will ask you again, if a strike is justifiable. You are hearing it from a lifelong non striker, and , in fact, have stepped over the line at BA's behest many a time to help keep the operation running, so..... Pilot, Dispatcher, Engineer, Ops Staff, it matters not. Ba have spent the last years in confrontation with all manner of staff.
Gategourmet....are they supplying Short Haul Catering again.?? I admit it has been a month, since I flew BA Short Haul, but not since it stopped....good saving for Big Airways. Long haul last week and it seems normal.
What about the efforts by BA to get some modicum of control over out share of Part VI. I think it was absolutely correct to be suspicious of the company intention and vote with a resounding "NO"
I hope against hope that the company is not embroiled in a strike, but if it comes, the finger should not be pointed at the Pilots, Cabin Crew and Ground Staff.