PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 13:43
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 203 Likes on 41 Posts
Angry

I don't know the ballot result (obviously ) but it does appear that it's likely to be a NO. As for peoples willingness to strike I can't comment. I'm not militant by any stretch. I consider myself to be a conciencious, hard working professional who does his best to get the job done. However, I have declared my intention to be prepared to strike if necessary. This was not decision arrived at lightly. I cannot stand by and watch this airline crumble (which is a very real prospect if the current trend continues). If a strike is what it takes to galvernise the powers that be into action then so be it.

In CRM, we are told that you can only let things go so far before you have to intervene to prevent disaster. Perhaps the time has come for us to say to our "Commanders" - "We have control". Perhaps we have to TELL them to "GO AROUND" before they drive this airline into the ground. Perhaps this is our opportunity to save them from themselves.........

Melodramatic? I don't think so. I think there is a serious case of tunnel vision occuring here. Or perhaps it's just sheer bloodymindedness on the part of a management who refuse to acknowledge that they have some of the most capable, professional and loyal staff in the industry.

A4