PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 12:00
onQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the million dollar question?... what is it all about? To quote the FAAAdomestic website

"On 20 March 2006 the Association advised members (newsletter QF 11-06) the ballot result supporting the new Enterprise Agreement and an application would be made to the Australian Industrial Relations Commission (AIRC) for certification of the Agreement
Following the application a hearing was set for 23 March 2006.
Prior to the commencement of certification proceedings a third party sought to intervene to stop the certification process on behalf of two Qantas Short Haul Flight Attendants. They argued that certification should be delayed to allow arguments to be put on behalf of their clients regarding alleged discriminatory clauses “rostering arrangements” within the proposed agreement.

What exactly do they mean by 'rostering arrangements'. We're all drawing conclusions from that phrase.....

Neither the company nor the union have elaborated on what that objection is....

I'm also guessing that this objection has been raised by two very cluey F/As, or two F/As with a legal background, or two F/As with access to legal representation...

The key phrase here is 'a third party on behalf of two flight attendants'

Conspiracy theory - who would have the most to gain from the scrapping of the seniority system???

Is it about the seniority system at all? Does it relate to the 'right' to bid for reserve as a F/A?

Is it any co-incidence that the new industrial relation laws take effect today?

Personally - I haven't got a clue what's going on here - but I smell a rat....

Discuss!!

Last edited by onQ; 26th Mar 2006 at 12:17.