PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 11:41
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by purr777
I don't think BA crews will have either the public or other departments on their side, if things get sticky.
You are right but tell us something we don't know.....we are trying to avoid being railroaded into some "get rich quick" pensions solution - and the guys who are trying to "get rich quick" are the CEO, his fellow board members and some other well incentivised members of Senior Management. I do care about inconveniencing the public, but I care more about the financial security of my family. BA ain't going broke, and it can certainly afford to dig deeper into it's pockets to help resolve this problem.

As for the "other departments" not being on "our" side, I wouldn't be so sure. Due to some fairly inept man management ( or lack of it ) over recent years there are employee groups lining up to give the Company a kick, and they seem to see this issue as an opportunity to have a go. It's been a revelation - normally on arrival at "Hellsrow" the dispatchers and greeting ground staff don't have time or inclination to talk to the incoming flight crew, this morning I was approached and asked for my views on the Pensions offer by both a dispatcher and a member of Terminal ground staff. Due to the lack of info at the moment from the Cabin Crew Unions the Cabin Crew are asking us for information, asking us what BALPA is saying. Wille should be very afraid, at the moment BALPA is winning the PR battle and there is remarkable degree of unity.... at the moment. We know in the forthcoming months the Company will modify it's offer in attempt to buy off other employee groups but the employees are not stupid. It will take a lot more from Willie than this offer to split the workforce.