PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2006, 11:06
Frank Furillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets face facts folks, I went to EFT last year for my CPL\ME and IR. I now have a job offer and am currently doing my 737 CL Type rating.

Was it good value, well although it was not the cheapest, it was still cheaper than the UK would have been. We had more flying days than in the UK.
Not all the students had the determination and drive to finish what they had started, that is sad, but there is no such thing as a free lunch.
I had no complaints with the instruction, Iain, Thomas and Mark were all second to none and if anything just as good as other instructors I have come accross over here. If the quality and age of aircraft is a concern, (it isn't, they are all airworthy) then pay more money somewhere else for nice new aircraft.
I was based in the holiday trailer park, just up the the road, this was a bargin for $25 per day. I am told that they are not using it no more which is a shame, but the regular student housing seemed to be very good.
Fort Pierce is a dump, what do you expect for the price you are paying?
It is only 90 mins from Orlando and the Cape if thats what you want. It does have a nice a beach though.

I enjoyed my time in Florida, I worked very hard and am now reaping the rewards, as with everything in life you only get out what you put in.
Si
Oh any by the way the call at 1000' is "N1 Speed 210, Flaps 1 and where's my cup of coffee"