PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 17:05
Roobarb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How in the hell can you say it’s a good offer? I work for them and I’ve taken 24hrs to wade through it using my own circumstances, and it sure as hell is not a good offer at all.

What you mean is ‘Tough cheese BA, you had it coming. Sod the lot of you’. Your warmth is touching.

For obvious reasons I don’t imagine that BA Pilots are going to win public hearts and minds over this, because a short trawl through even our own industry reveals that everybody hates pilots anyway. (Curious really, as they are quite happy to entrust their lives and the lives of their loved ones to us – with good reason)

The only people who are going to look after our own financial futures are ourselves. This proposal is FORCING us to work to the age of 65 (Oh, and by the way, it will be 65 wrt recent ICAO acceptance this week) and then short changing us to the tune of about £250,000 each for the case of the average 24 yr pilot.

They dress this sham up as a £500m cash injection, and all the small people, those loyal foot soldiers, the naïve trolley dollies, see a quick fix which sounds good. Only BA, and the more savvy, realise the Trojan Horse this joke is. It is a confidence trick, conning old ladies out of their life savings. Preying on the innocent and ignorant for their own gratuitous avarice.

I would rather see BA fail than to have these bastards succeed.

I’ll take on the opposition anyday. It’s my management I can’t beat!