PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 12:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORK-BHX is showing up 4x weekly on Aer Lingus in the Winter. However, it has a similar problem to the Tenerife one mentioned earlier in that they apparently have aircraft on trips to London, Birmingham, Paris and Malaga at the same time. If they are dropping to 3 aircraft, that schedule isn't maintainable. I suspect we'll see some schedule alterations (either more services dropped or new destinations in Eastern Europe to keep a 4th aircraft) before October.

As for ORK-MUC. I believe loads have been higher in recent months, but a lot of that will be related to DIY skiers. That can only keep the route busier from January to March, but things would return to normal as the year progressed. It's a bit too early to tell for ORK-SXF. The route doesn't kick off for 3 months and few bookings - especially the higher yield ones - will have been made yet.

I do sometimes wonder if the 174 seat A320 is the right aircraft to operate German routes (actually, I wonder if it's the right aircraft for all but London, Paris, Amsterdam and Malaga). Something in the 90-120 seat range might be more appropriate.