PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Dixon Writes To 2600 Pilots, Threatens Union Payment Cuts
Old 25th Mar 2006, 11:52
oicur12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vagabond,

“. . . . .and that the QRH solves all evils. . . . “

Actually, I only referred to the QRH in connection to Bomb On Board. I would never suggest that the QRH solves all evils, however when it comes to the extremely remote chance of having a bomb, the QRH is more than enough.

PW1830,

Perhaps you could explain which part of my post you find so offensive. I was merely commenting that the job of flying transport aircraft is far less complex as a result of technology than in days gone by, the statistics don’t lie. There are numerous ways to justify the high salaries usually paid to airline pilots but operational complexity is becoming less relevant.

You may harbor a distrust of the gadgets installed in modern aircraft but most of my colleagues are more than happy to recline behind the newspaper and work through a sudoko or two. The days of sitting at the ready, eyes fixed on the horizon and hand ready to takeover the controls are gone. 777’s and A330’s are not flown, they are monitored.

Electras and Viscounts – now that’s a different story.