PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 11:36
raviolis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jephcott

jephcott

sorry mate, sounds like a truly awful experience.
I got kicked out at stage 3 and, although it hurts, like all rejections, everything happens for a reason.

CTC told me I have the aptitude (I passed stage 2) and I like to think I would have passed stage 4 (I am only training but I can fly an airplane quite well and learning very fast as my instructors say) so that means the bit I fluffed is the multi-crew environment and team work exercises (quite funny since I have years of corporate work experience with very positive achievements on my CV) which doesn't really mean you can't become a professional pilot.
The fact that the interviews were not in my native language didn't help either, I guess (are there many non-British cadets on the scheme ?).
Last but not least I wouldn't really worry about the so-called "technical" questions of the stage 3 interview. Any plane-spotters can tell a 737 from an A320 so why couldn't a wannabe pilot ?
I don't understand why they ask you in the interview what kind of planes do easyJet fly (I was tempted to answer "they're big, white and orange") whilst there could be many more questions that could really separate the men from the boys at the interviews.
What really annoyed me is the fact they invited me not to reapply, but, to be cynical, why would they want me back when there's thousands more applying new and fresh (and bringing in a 164 quid golden hello ?)

Anyway I look at my CTC failure in a positive way, they proved me I can do it. It actually motivated me to get training seriously and at my expenses. It's gonna cost a lot, but it's well worth it. It's just a matter of priorities !

Regards