PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 08:02
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetstarFA,
you are correct jetstar is a growing airline, right now these new IR changes are not designed to affect you guys at jetstar. They will predominantly be used to affect QF LHaul and QF S Haul.
what should concern you is not the short term future.

It is when your EBA is finished subject to when it is agreed of course. As I was saying when it is finished (I assume 3 years) what will you be prepared to negotiate on behalf of yourself to be awarded a contract of continuance.

A contract of continuance? you say. Oh yes! That is how the new system will operate if Labor aren't voted in federally. Yes, ally our hard work by assisting in establishing and growing both jet* and jet*intnl will be repaid with you having to accept a contract. Negotiated by you that is if there isn't some worm hole in all this IR stuff that prevents the FAAA negotiatingon your behalf. What if negotiations break down. What then?Thats how I understand it anyway. Im happy to be proven wrong if anyone could better enlighten me. We should all take the next few months as a learning phase and an opportunity of sharing information.

This is not the time for scaremongering.In saying that we should prepare for the worse.A big storm is on the way.Being mentally prepared and ready to cope with the unexpected and the infuriating will be a big plus to how you sail out the storm.

Good luck to us all