PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 05:54
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Jetstar is a growing airline,,, they can't fire us bask on operational requirements,,, we are a growing airline, would be interesting to see them get out of that one....... QF and AO might be a bit different

All we will lose at Jetstar is Base transfers and other fuzzy crap that the company like to use as a bargaining tool"
Actually - they could fire us for operational reasons. They need to be very GOOD reasons, but some reasons could be reduction of flying arising from base changes. OOL base (SEQ) if you recall lost flying recently from the opening of ADL and MDB bases. This, combined with seasonal downturn in traffic this time of year, is just one example of how the company could utilise and take advantage of the new legislation (as I understand).

That's also according to a few friends of mine who work in the IR field in other industries - not just airlines. 'Operational reasons' is a very broad term, sadly. The test cases that will inevitably arise soon will of course provide clearer definition for this, one would hope.

"As a "nay-sayer" and a pretty switched on one at that..... I have done my homework and have not really gained insight from the Galley. pprune, or the Murdoch press........ People like to dramatise....thats how they sell newspapers"
I have no doubt as to how switched on you are jetstarFA. However, we need to recognise this legislation for what it is. The article is not, in my opinion, dramatic. It's very factual in my view.

I have no problem with people being nay-sayers to the EBA - that's a given. What I do despair at is the fact people don't think this legislation will affect them - growing airline or not, JQ and the QF Group at large will utilise as much of this new legislation as much as possible. With two Ryanair people at the helm, I think this is a given.

HOW and WHEN is anyone's guess.