PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2006, 00:18
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cazatou
Suggest you move your PC out of the wine cellar.
Save your wrath for the MI6 gentlemen who had been in secret negotiations with the IRA and whose strategy was completely at odds with that of the team on ZD576 - I doubt that the ceasefire, which occurred so indecently soon after the crash, would have happened had the team still been around.
That is to say, people capable of dirty tricks had a motive and that therefore the possibility of an “inside” job needed to be considered, however unlikely, however unpleasant a prospect, and however unthinkable.
I have put forward my thoughts openly with little thought for political correctness – rather than criticize me, you should make use of the bounds that I have opened up.
Should it have been the case that an opportunity for an ad hoc trial of a novel system was offered to the RAF and it went wrong one can understand the reluctance to go public about it – especially when, with the simplistic interpretation of VFR, such a system should not have caused a problem. Thus it is the saving of unnecessary embarrassment that I believe the RAF as a body may have been engaged in rather than knowingly covering up anything sinister – they would only have had to have been suckered into participating and, judging by the naivety displayed on this site, would not even have been suspicious after the event let alone before.
As I have explained this in some previous post sometime back do not take this in any way to be an apology – whatever the reason for this strategy of establishing nothing and obfuscation, it is blocking anyone else from analyzing what happened.
Just to put things into perspective – did anyone want to comment on the speed?
The average speed from Ni to the Mull had been said to be on the high end of cruise (or something like), things were said to the effect that they were in a hurry (sort of thing) – comments that really were a slur on the pilots suggesting (along with a few other things) that they were a bit reckless or something like that – well I ask why you (all) don’t just work it out and refute such comments – looking at the manufacturers graphs it seems that even at the heaviest, at sea level at the air temp they had, the speed was well within limits – not at the top end – I could be mistaken – why not do this one little thing – just agree on this one parameter if it is true – was it just a normal/ to be expected cruising speed or not? – too much effort? – surely some of you out there would be able to answer off the top of your head?, or not the idea at all?
You (collectively) criticize someone who is prepared to stick his neck out to get some aspects discussed and hopefully cleared up and yet you cannot even give a definitive answer on the appropriateness of the a/c’s speed ………
SVEN
I don’t understand your post at all – info on the system has been in the public domain for years – you can download glossies – you can do it!
The PRC112 is the handheld communication set that a soldier on the ground has that has a DME function (UHF) for when he wants picking up – the aircraft requires a unit the US describes as ARS-6, which gives range and approx brg to the PRC112 when one is activated within range but I do not know what RAF name is – but I do know that RAF had on board equipment (the ARS-6 bit) for several Chinooks by 1995 (I say “for” not “in” as the units were palletized for easy exchange between a/c).
So I am perplexed by your post – who was it aimed for?