PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 22:22
Hansoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys the world is different now towhen you went to Hamble. I started late and at 54 need to work to 65 if I can. From the sounds of it I don't wantto work at LHR or LGW. I could not get past page 1 on the application form (>49 yrs) which may well be a blessing. My job pays OK and I am not in an office or on a motorway or stacking shelves.

Each one of you needs to look outside and see how well off you are. Cut your cloth, reduce your hours, decide who is paid to ensure the future of the company (via the stisfied shareholders) and who is paid to fly the aeroplanes, manage thecabin, paythe wages. etc. You can apply for those jobs as they become vacant. Do them for 10 years and see how you feel: my guess is you wouldnot last 10 years pr you wouldbe there already.

No more job for life, live with the chznges, make the most of it or not. DO you have the right to mess with the travellers lives, mostof them risking more lifestyle changes everyday than you? Think of your wedding anniversary venue, son's graduation, golf club christmas bash, daughter's first-born - whathappens if the staff at any one of those locations closed up shopon your day on a pay dispute? You would understand, wouldn't you? You would be very happy thatthay were making their point in such a way.... But then, you live in France anyway.

Go on, strike.