PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My SIA Interview Experience (v long)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 15:33
9M-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisercruiser
Hi,

I'm nowhere near rich! I am saving very hard for the $70000K needed for the course in MFA. If I remember correctly from the package they sent me some years back, the 70k does not include lodging and food. The school has a limited number of hostels and I think those will be reserved for airline sponsored cadets? Students may have to stay away from the airport and commute to the school everyday.

I don't mind flying in malaysia. Like you said there'll be more opportunities there compared to singapore.

Cheers!
Yup accomodation will have to be arranged by yourself if you are private candidate. But dont worry there are many houses nearby the airport which are cheap. One thing is MFA is too packed with students now so if you apply and they put you on waiting list, be ready to really wait cos cadet will always be on the top of the list.

Opportunity wise yes looks much brighter than in singapore. Just quote you an example that might boost the morale of those that are private candidates. Got a singaporean who went to mfa, completed the whole course and with just 200hrs in hand, was accepted by transmile a malaysia cargo airline and now doing his type rating conversion So dont give up guys If you are meant to fly, dont let anyone put you off. Even if SIA dont want you, they are blind Cheers!