PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Bars/Clubs/Restuarants in LA
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 14:41
moosp

Cool as a moosp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.0, thanks, but aaarrrrgggg. Just when our company has sent us to layover in a hotel in Anaheim I get a list of the hottest places in LA. Story of my life.

If you want to shoot in your off times, I just looked through my USA helicopter file and found this. Sharpshooter, 1827 W. 208th Street Torrance. Tel 310 618 9971. Several airline's crews go there on layovers, it was all pistol last time I was there, instruction available.

The Virgin Airlines crews stayed in the Hilton Torrance last time I was there. (last year). See if they are in the bar, but they may be locked up in a room party. A bit difficult to break into their social team, but great people to spend time with if they like you.

I agree very much with FL on the LAX experience. To the local guys it seems nothing, but to fly a Robbo down the LA beaches, land on the multi-story car park at LAX, and then onward to Santa Monica is an excellent experience for NonCals.

It is a reminder that for all of the negatives we hear about the new restrictions on general aviation in the USA, some local authorities still apply common sense to their operations, despite the loonacy that emanates from the TSA.

Last edited by moosp; 24th Mar 2006 at 14:55.