PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 65 - New ICAO provision... MERGED THREADS
Old 24th Mar 2006, 13:57
old fart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chaps,
From the FAA in Washington. Each foreign carrier operating into the USA has an "issuance and applicability" letter (A001) which specifies the rules under which they may operate. This is part of the letter for my company.

The foreign air carrier shall not use the services of a pilot in command, nor shall any person act as a pilot in command, in any of the following operations under the authority of these operations specifications, if that person has reached his/her 60th birthday:

(1) Scheduled international air services carrying passengers in turbo-jet-powered airplanes;

(2) Scheduled international air services carrying passengers in airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of more than nine passenger seats, excluding each crewmember seat;

(3) Nonscheduled international air transportation for compensation or hire in airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of more than 30 seats, excluding each crewmember seat; or

However, they say that when the ICAO norm changes in Nov then they will probably accept the new norm.(65) Not guaranteed however.

This is part of the e-mail that I was sent by the FAA.and the contact for the lady concerned.

"I'll try to remember to copy you on
any information we get about possibly changing the ops specs requirement
once the new ICAO standard becomes effective in November. If you don't
hear anything then, you may want to get a status update."

Marlene Livack, Manager
International Operations and Standardization Branch, AFS-52
Flight Standards International Programs and Policy Division
1-202.385.8141 Phone
1-425.830.6065 Mobile
1-202.493.5888 Fax

So that would seem to be that.
The USA will probably change to age 65, for foreign licensed pilots on foreign registered aircraft,operating under part 129, when the ICAO norm becomes 65 at the end of the year.
Cheers.