PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norman Kember Freed
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2006, 11:00
Fg Off Max Stout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do wonder if Mr K took full advantage of his unique opportunity to advise his warlord captors to 'give peace a chance'. I suspect not. I strongly suspect he just kept his head down, praised his captors for their noble battle against the evil imperialists and quietly prayed for the boys in black to come and do their thing.

A public thank you to his rescuers and a nod to his own naivety and foolhardiness would be the only thing that might salvage a bit of sympathy or respect for him. If he returns and gets himself in the same mess again, I would suggest that he be allowed to sort out the problem non-militarily, by himself.

Apart from Tony B's congratulations, the only references to the armed forces are as follows:

I'm slightly disturbed to hear the news that they were freed in a military operation. I know that the men very much would not have wanted anyone to lose their lives in this operation.
CHRIS COLE, DIRECTOR OF FELLOWSHIP OF RECONCILIATION

I am a little concerned about the military operation and hope that nobody was hurt during that.
MOAZZAM BEGG, FORMER GUANTANAMO BAY DETAINEE

Make of that what you will. Personally, if I was being held hostage awaiting execution and the number of people on the list had recently dropped by one, I wouldn't shed to many tears if the rescuers double-tapped each of the b@stards responsible. Maybe that would give peace more of a chance.

Last edited by Fg Off Max Stout; 24th Mar 2006 at 11:12.