PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 22:46
Taildragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Having read the Times online tonight, that BA staff (Excluding Pilots) will have to work another 10 years to preserve their Pension, I tried to put myself in their position. They have worked for BA for years, brought it up to the worlds most profitable airline, and then get the spear by being told "Sorry Chum...another ten years for you" The House in Spain and the easy life, to do all the things you couldn't do 'cos you were working all the shift patterns devised. Can you imagine the sick feeling in your stomach and the despair.?? I am a BA Pensioner, so it shouldn't affect me (I HOPE.!!) but if I were still there today, I would definitely be out there on the picket line. The airline would have brought me and my family to our knees. Why shouldn't I help to do that to BA.?? I have NEVER felt like that even during the darker days, and I have never gone on strike, but putting myself in the shoes of people affected, I have to say this would be one almighty justified action and a David and Goliath confrontation with slick Willie.
What will be next.?? Staff Travel.?? Almost certainly. and that WOULD affect me.!