PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER
Thread: MANCHESTER
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 20:46
VHF FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Going loco]Other than changing the phrase "spotters logic" to "airport enthusiast's logic", I think I'll stick by my point.

Going Loco - not sure exactly what your problem is. I certainly am not a spotter or airport enthusiast but someone who cares about the economic future of the region I live in. Manchester Airport is at the heart of that economic future and I for one depend intensely on it for the success or otherwise of my business. That's why I check out this website regularly.
I make decisions on routings based on first (selfish) business and second (noble as you put it) economic reasons. Since I spend north of £50k a year on air travel it's worth doing. That is my perogative as a paying punter. I don't need some remote person like yourgoodself (in Bournemouth or where ever) to tell me I'm right or wrong to do so.
All regional airports that have the benefit of long haul flights need the support of the people in the local economy and good luck to those airports that can make a go of it. Airlines are in it for the money - use the services or lose them.