PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IPAQ PDA connection to wifi desktop
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 09:04
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPAQ normally accesses internet ok via USB cradle connection into desktop and throuigh b/band wired modem.
I can 'connect' to the IPAQ from the desktop USB (with the 3Com switched off at the moment) but the iPAQ cannot access the internet via the Desktop
That's a bit confusing !

I think what you are asking is how to access the Internet wirelessly with your PDA.
I assume your 3 com wireless modem is capable of handling more than one device.

No doubt there is a program on your desktop allowing you to access the settings of the modem, so you need to check the instructions and that all settings are as they should be.

On the Ipaq :

Tap : Start / iPAQ Wireless / WLAN to turn the Ipaq wireless on ( mine has an orange flashing LED while it is firing up and searching for networks, which changes to flashing green when it's ready and connected ).

Top right of the screen may be a "Connections" icon - two horizontal arrows opposed to each other - tap on that icon to bring up the Connectivity window, or if no such icon -Tap : Start / Settings / Connections / Connections / Advanced.

Tap : "Network Card" to open the "Configure Wireless Networks" window and you should see a list of all the wireless networks that have been found.

Tap your 3com connection ( or whatever it is called ) to access the configuration settings where you can check that it is set to "Connect to" - The Internet, Set authentication as "Shared", Data encryption - probably "WEP", Network Key and Key Index - as specified during wireless modem set up.

Tap and hold your 3com connection at the above stage to "Remove Settings" or "Connect" if it has not connected.

Hope this helps - if not the answer should lie within the 3 com modem set up.

Coconutty