PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you've got your CPL/IR/MCC (ATPL)... what now???
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 07:18
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not quite as straight forward to answer these questions as you may think, simply because there are so many variables.

Like I say, if you read through other posts you will find all sorts of information regarding what is available in the industry in terms of employment. Everyone has a different story to tell, and have different opinions on what is the 'best' way forward.

From my own limited experience very few will go straight into an airline and fly jets, however, it does happen. A few friends of mine have gone down the SSTR route, and are now flying B737's, and some people I know have taken time to build experience and network other ways and have landed jobs that way, however it has taken alot longer, I guess it depends on how patient you are, and what your personal circumstances are. Personally, I do not have the money to splash on a TR, and to be quite honest don't really think it is necessary. I have chosen to instruct. It helps me keep current, I have the oppotunity to give something back to the industry, and above all, it is alot of fun!

All the best with it mate. It may take you 1 month, it may take you 10 years, however, I am a firm believer in, all good things come to those who work hard and wait .