PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways moves to automated check-in for domestic
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 06:43
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, to those at BA, remember this day, as it marks the end of BA as we know it. This is what is known as the thin end of the wedge.

The above poster was correct regarding luggage checking. You check in at the machine, then queue to check in at the baggage check.

buy your own coffee on the exciting new BA product called 'BA connect' (I'll stick with KLM, thanks..)

The new man in charge at BA thinks he will succeed by turning it into easyjet for domestic and EU flights. Well, here's the news...easyjet does it better. Even Ryanair does it better. If I'm gonna fly budget-I will fly budget, not some half baked BA 'exciting new product' at premium prices.

Bit by bit, BA management seem determined to remove anything that marks them out as being better than their budget counterparts.

Yeah, soon, it will be free for all seating. Documentary called 'airline' to follow..

And the fares keep on going up.

No real reason to choose BA above anyone else then. Do they really think they will keep premium travellers with this approach?

I think it is time to open up the slots for LHR to more competition, to allow better services to compete. Clearly BA think the frequent flyers (I'm one) they have are all stupid, and they can whittle away the service, and still charge higher fares. BA have got this soooooooo wrong! GGrrrr!