PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways moves to automated check-in for domestic
Old 23rd Mar 2006, 00:00
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Wednesday brings this:
Dear Mr Paxboy,
You demand a fast, stress-free journey through the airport, so I'm sure you'll be interested to know that, as from 25 April 2006, all our UK Domestic customers will be required to check in for their flight either online* via ba.com or using one of our Self-Service Check-in kiosks** at the airport.

Don't worry if you've never checked in online or collected a boarding pass from a Self-Service Check-in kiosk before. We have a simple guide on ba.com, and at the airport our staff will be on hand to help you at the Self-Service Check-in kiosks.

By checking in online, you can also choose to print your own boarding pass from a home, hotel or office printer, up to 24 hours before your flight. This means you'll be able to head straight to the boarding gate on arrival at the airport.

What's more, we're converting our conventional check-in desks into 'Fast Bag Drop' desks, for you to check-in any luggage. For more information on our check-in options, click here.

Yours sincerely
Sarah Keyes
Executive Club,
Marketing Manager

*Check-in on ba.com is available to all UK Domestic customers except those travelling with children or infants, those travelling in a group of up to six wishing to check-in together and those travelling on codeshare services. Customers travelling with children or infants and groups of up to six can check-in at a kiosk.
**Check-in at a kiosk is available to all UK Domestic customers, except those travelling on codeshare services.
Only those UK Domestic customers unable to check-in using ba.com or a kiosk will be able to check-in at a desk.

I now need to ask if this will include LTN, as they have only one rotation a day from theere (IOM) and my guess is that the answer = No!