PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 19:39
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
walter kennedy,

Your one redeeming feature is your total acceptance of what you are told as the absolute truth. I am not, however, convinced that your redeeming feature makes it safe for you to walk the streets alone at night. In fact I am not sure it makes it safe for you to walk the streets at all.

You leapt on the flying hours figure I gave you as true and referred to me as someone "with your experience". The figure I gave you was correct but I never specified in what capacity I had accrued those hours. I could have been an acting Cpl Air Steward on the Transport Fleet.

You refer to a "Senior RAF Signals Officer" stating that there were USN SEALS at the crash site. That report may be correct, but not for the reason you suppose. On the other hand it could have been "a slow news night".

There are 2 types of "Officer": Commissioned Officers (Plt Off to MRAF) and Non Commissioned Officers (Cpl to Flt Sgt); Warrent Officers and Master Aircrew receive the Queens Warrent.

The report could refer to a Cpl from Comcen (rather than the SAC swaying next to him) talking in the Pub about a rumour he heard the other day. The "senior" being added to improve the story - the reporter could always plead "confidentiality" if pressed as to his sources.

I must confess, however, that the most stunning confession of your naivety was your statement that you informed the relevant authorities 11 1/2 years ago of your concerns that sabotage may have played a part in the Chinook accident.

I am sure that such a thing had never even crossed the minds
of the relevant authorties in the UK!!!!